Joshua Tree National Park

Joshua Tree National Park, August 2007

In 2007, I spent three months in 29 Palms, California, where
I was working with San Francisco based photographer Emelle
Sonh on a manual for the boards of non-profits.

This is not the end of the world, the residents say, but you can
see it from here. To me, it was a place in the desert that couldn't be 
more American – fast food restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets.
A place beyond cliché, according to Emelle. It felt totally unreal, I
loved it!

We explored the desert and nearby Joshua Tree National Park, I became 
a regular in the small but formidable library, and experienced sunsets that
I would have judged pure kitsch had I seen only photos of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gamagori, Japan

The little girl & the butterfly

Avenida do Imigrante, Santa Cruz do Sul