Self-portrait, Lausanne 1989

Lausanne, 1989

I'm presently cleaning house (step by step, so it will take a while). 
Among the things that I've come across was this photo of me that I took  or,
 rather, that the camera that I had placed on a pile of books in front of me 
(I remember this distinctly) had taken of me.

 At that time, in 1989, I shared an apartment with my brother Thomas at
Chemin des Fleurettes in Lausanne and it was there that the photo was taken.
 
I was alone in the apartment. Scrutinising the picture 35 years later, I'm wondering 
whether such a photo could be taken by a person behind the lens. Would I look to the 
camera in the same way  knowing that I'm being photographed? I doubt it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gamagori, Japan

The little girl & the butterfly

Avenida do Imigrante, Santa Cruz do Sul