The View from Athenas

Santa Cruz do Sul, 20 February 2021

In the Brazilian summer of 2021, I was living at
the Residencial Athenas, a condominium in the centre
of Santa Cruz do Sul. The above pic was taken from "my" 
balcony on the 10th floor.

Needless to say, the pic brings back memories of other
evenings with similar views. The longer I stay with these
evening light feelings that seem somehow connected to vague longings
and a pleasent melancholy, I notice that the thoughts that cross my mind
are wandering to quite other views that I had observed while on this balcony.
Especially images of various cloud formations come to mind. What could better
teach us that life can't be possessed than the ever changing passing clouds, I wonder?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gamagori, Japan

The little girl & the butterfly

Avenida do Imigrante, Santa Cruz do Sul